Where do you need English Class? Click on the city below:
For a full schedule please click here:
The Literacy Council offers two types of classes for adults who want to learn English: ESOL Learning Centers (ESOLC) and the Family Learning Program (FLP).
ESOL Learning Centers offer ESOL classes three times a year to students who want to improve their English speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. Classes teach adults about American culture and life (workplace and finance, health and nutrition, civics and community, etc.).
- The Family Learning Program provides ESOL classes for parents or caregivers, while their children participate in reading and writing activities, and receive homework help. At least twice a month, the children join the adult class for PACT (Parent and Child Together Time) activities. The class also encourages reading as a family through workshops, book give-a-ways, and fieldtrips.
LCNV also offers a conversation class. The conversation class is free and provides an opportunity for students to practice their English speaking and listening skills.
Please contact the Literacy Council at (703) 237-0866 for more information.
BECOME A STUDENT
Classes are in the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- You must register prior to class. Enrollment in class is only confirmed in-person. No pre-registrations accepted.
- Registration forms can be printed from this link and filled out ahead of time. Please bring completed forms in-person to registration.
- During registration, students pay a $60 registration fee and take an oral placement exam.
- Partial and full Scholarships are available.